Check risk of corona infection
The challenge of making decisions under uncertainty
Why is it difficult to provide decision support for problems of uncertainty?
What is a suitable scientific approach?
Recommended literature on methodological basics
- Aikman, D., Galesic, M., Gigerenzer, G., Kapadia, S., Katsikopoulos, K. V., Kothiyal, A., ... & Neumann, T. (2014). Taking uncertainty seriously: Simplicity versus complexity in financial regulation. Bank of England Financial Stability Paper, 28.
- Banerjee, S., Chua, A. Y., & Kim, J. J. (2017). Don't be deceived: Using linguistic analysis to learn how to discern online review authenticity. Journal of the Association for Information Science and Technology, 68(6), 1525–1538.
- Green, L., & Mehr, D. R. (1997). What alters physicians' decisions to admit to the coronary care unit?. Journal of Family Practice, 45(3), 219–226.
- Jablonskis, E., & Czienskowski, U. (2017). Decision trees online. http://www.adaptivetoolbox.net/Library/Trees/TreesHome#/
- Jenny, M. A., Pachur, T., Williams, S. L., Becker, E., & Margraf, J. (2013). Simple rules for detecting depression. Journal of Applied Research in Memory and Cognition, 2(3), 149–157.
- Luan, S., Schooler, L. J., & Gigerenzer, G. (2011). A signal-detection analysis of fast-and-frugal trees. Psychological Review, 118(2), 316.
- Martignon, L., Katsikopoulos, K. V., & Woike, J. K. (2008). Categorization with limited resources: A family of simple heuristics. Journal of Mathematical Psychology, 52(6), 352–361.
How can you implement the method?
Links to other methods
Fast-and-frugal Tree - Risk of infection with novel coronavirus
Sources and quality of the data
Where is the data coming from?
The model is based on a visualisation by Zeit.de and on information from the Robert Koch Institute and the German Federal Ministry of Health.
Last update: 26 March 2020.
Links to other topics